Monday, July 20, 2009

Opportunize Your Environment

Marble globe on green leaf, close-up

I know it sounds like a simple idea, but you’d be surprised how many people, myself included, try to “land a hot chick” - for example – with what seems like hours of unproductive nervous flirting.  The reality is… it’s only been 3 minutes, you’re drenched in your own man-sweat, and throwing out lines like “I only have eyes for you baby.”  Yeah, I wish that worked because it reminds me of one of my friends - not me of course.  I’m a hot stud-muffin.  But if you are one of those people looking for an easier way - a smarter way to bring about vibrant and productive experiences, there is a better paradigm.

You can Optimize your Experiences if you Opportunize your Environment

There are opportunities all around us - it’s just that sometimes we have colossal items lodged up our asses and cannot realize this simple truth.  Hopefully at the end of this wonderfully constructed post, you and I both will be able to have better life experiences by understanding how to opportunize our environment and unclog our asses.  The first step is to identify what I like to call your Temporary-Living-Area or TLA. 

Your TLA = Your Immediate Environment At That Moment.

After you’ve actually identified your TLA and usher in some much needed confidence, it is time to calibrate your personality to your environment.  So what I mean is… adjust yourself to your environment so that opportunities come to you instead of the other way around.

You got 2 out of 3 steps down.  You are aware of you’re environment and you've turned your swag on (confidence).  Now, there is just one thing missing. What is it?  You have to set yourself up for success by adapting to your environment.  The only way you can do this, is if you…

Know your Goal - Know your Target - Take the Action.

Hopefully it’ll become like second-nature to you, but it’ll be easier to see if written like below.

  1. Identify Your TLA
  2. Turn Your Swag On. (Take a look in the mirror say wassup)
  3. Know your Goal – Know your Target – Take the Action

This can work for anything.  So let’s say you decide you want to go on a Safari in the jungles of the Amazon.  Half way through the Safari, everything goes wrong.  Your guide drowned in a sand pit, your group of 20 explorers are lost in the Amazon, and then suddenly a hungry lion appears.  What do you do?  Okay, so now that you’ve decided that you’re going to Opportunize Your Environment, this is what your thoughts should look like: 

  1. Okay so I have to identify the damn TLA.  Uhhh I’m in the Amazon in some remote jungle and a lion is going to eat me?!?!  Why the hell are there lions in South America? Whatever, I gotta get through this. Okay I got step one down.  I’m in the Amazon Forest, there are dangerous animals threatening to eat me. I'm scared. What’s step 2 ?
  2. Turn my f*cking swag on. Okay I’m a baller.  I can do this.  I’m gonna do this damnit. Okay... Okay time for step 3.
  3. Get out alive - Kill the f*cking lion – Let’s do this.  Okay, so how can I use my environment to kill the lion? Maybe I can use this vine to strangle the lion.  Hmmm okay so I probably won’t be able to kill the lion.  But there’s gotta be a way to distract the beastly feline.  Oh look a wild boar.  I got it! I’ll kill the wild boar because its definitely easier than killing a lion and then hopefully the lion will feast on the wild boar and we will all live happily ever after.  It’s a long shot, but maybe it’ll work.

Okay so maybe that wasn’t the best example, but OYE (Opportunizing Your Environment) is definitely something you should think about before you decide to go on a date, inquire about a job, take a test, or escape from the reaches of a dangerous wild animal.  Whatever your circumstance, OYE should be able to prevent you from panicking and provide you with a plan of action.

Now, if I could just follow my own advice… i would be a baller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on this awesomely constructed post!


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Architecture. Powered by Blogger